Monochrom-patterned satin?

  • Wade MacMorrighan
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 20, 2012
      Hey guys, something I have been after, but have't (yet) seen before is satin with a monochromatic pattern at all! I was browsing some beautiful satin on-line when I came upon this fabulous sage-colored satin; and I thought to myself, if only it had a monochromatic filigrees motif (my fav. motif) it would be perfect to line my bell-sleeves with if, for example, I wanted to coordinate my wardrobe with an activity, such as speaking on or giving a workshop about herbalism! :o) Even something that resembled beautiful Victorian-style wallpaper would be right up my aesthetic alley. :o)

    • francesgrimble
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 21, 2012
        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Wade MacMorrighan <Wade@...> wrote:

        > Hey guys, something I have been after, but have't (yet) seen before is satin with a monochromatic pattern at all!

        I think the fabric you may be looking for is damask. Damask is a woven pattern, often though not always in one color or two colors with low contrast. Damasks can be woven with any fiber. Silk and faux silk damasks are very popular for home-dec/drapery, and also for historic costumes for various eras. White cotton and linen damask tablecloths are available all over eBay (often for low prices) and can be dyed any color you like with Procion MX dyes.

        Hope this helps.

        Fran
        Lavolta Press
        Books on making historic clothing
        www.lavoltapress.com
      • PlaidCrafter
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 14, 2012
          Over at this post http://craftside.typepad.com/craftside/2012/02/indygo-junction-pattern-giveaway-and-how-to-mark-a-button-location-before-stitching.html
          and this post
          http://recycledcrafts.craftgossip.com/giveaway-indygo-junction-patterns/2012/02/14/
          there are chances to win your choice of any Indygo Junction pattern!
          Stef
          http://thecardalbum.blogspot.com/
          http://sweatersurgery.blogspot.com/
          http://craftside.typepad.com/
          http://recycledcrafts.craftgossip.com/
          Facebook facebook.com/StefanieL.Girard
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your