Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Ribbon decorations for hats 1920's

  • Mary Ellen Frank
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 26, 2011
      also see http://www.candacekling.com/ she is the queen of ribbon art
      and has a great book and classes
      Mary Ellen Frank, curator
      Claudia Kelsey Doll Museum aka Aunt Claudia's Dolls
      On Dec 26, 2011, at 3:55 PM, Anne-marie Hofman wrote:

      > thank you for the kind information link. am
      >
      > ________________________________

      Mary Ellen Frank, NIADA Artist
      curator, Aunt Claudia's Dolls, a Museum

    • francesgrimble
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2012

        The Women's Institute of Domestic Arts & Sciences was a very popular correspondence school in the 1910s and 1920s. They had separate courses on dressmaking, millinery, and cooking. The (series of) booklets they published are widely available used on eBay and elsewhere. Some have been reprinted, including their Millinery: A Complete Course. This book has loads of ribbon trimmings. See:

        http://www.biblio.com/details.php?dcx=476599675&aid=aa&t=1

        Fran
        Lavolta Press
        Books on historic dressmaking, millinery, and needlework
        www.lavoltapress.com
        www.facebook.com/LavoltaPress