Stamps for leather on the cheap, ideas?

  • LMF
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2011
      Does someone know a cheaper way of making your own stamps for leather working ? Hardened steel stamps are nice but can be high in price. Besides I would like to design my own graphic stamps. I have thought of aluminum or brass, any other cheap ideas out there. Thanks in advance.
    • Claudia Hill
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 24, 2011
        LMF,

        Take  a nail with a large head and file and/or dremel your design on it.  But there are stamps with thousands of designs available at very reasonable prices, in the neighborhood of $2.00.  (This information courtesy of my husband, who crafts fast-draw holsters, and occasionally saddles, with beautiful carving and stamping on them.)

        Claudia