Picking the group brain...

  • GCKidd
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2011
      So, I'm facing a challenge and in response, I'm turning to my favorite source of inspiration and finding answers, in hopes someone can either steer me toward or inspire me to coming up with a good solution...

      We're working on our Halloween shows right now, and adding some new characters to our Monster Classics show (Frankenstein, Wolfman, the Mummy, Dracula...all the faves). The new character we're adding? Chucky, the possessed doll from Child's Play.

      The outfit SHOULD be pretty easy to come up with, but we have one major obstacle...I'm trying to find a rainbow-striped (horizontal stripes) long-sleeve t-shirt. There's actually a 'costume shirt' available a couple of places online, but the reviews for them leave me a little nervous. There are ready-made Chucky costumes, but they come with a really cruddy-looking latex mask and I'm afraid the rest of the outfit won't be any better in quality.

      So, anyone have any magical outlets for 80's vintage t-shirts? With a horizontal rainbow stripe? That won't bleed or fall apart after a weekend of sweat and washing? I've already looked a few place, and may end up looking again, more closely, in hopes that I overlooked something or there's some new selections, but I'm not going to say which places I've looked 'cause I don't want to stifle anyone's responses.

      Thanks, all!
    • Janice Kledzik
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2011
        Wish I could help. I know the man who designed the doll for the movie
        "Child's Play". He was a student at the school where I worked in the
        late 1970's.

        I have sen a similar shirt used for the "Christ" character in
        Godspell. I'll keep my eyes open. Good Luck.

        jkledzik