Searching got Fabric & Sewing a Table Cloth!

  • Wade MacMorrighan
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 23 2:42 PM
      Hey guys, the other day I was at Joanne's looking for fabrics for my Witchy robes with the dramatic bell sleeves; well, I found the PERFECT satin to use! But, I have no idea what to use for the black fabric that'll comprise the rest of the garment... I don't want velvet, but something with a nice weight for it. And, as I pondered that I couldn't help recall the cloth napkins that I use to see at some restaurants when I was small. Anyhoo....I was hoping that someone might have suggestions. Also, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions re: how to cut/ sew table cloths? This is something else that I'd like to make, and ensure they are geometrically "perfect' as possible! LOL!

      All my best,

      Wade

    • francesgrimble
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2011
        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "catslave54" <zimmermanel@...> wrote:

        > My bookshelves are groaning under the weight of years of accumulation.

        <snip>

        This is a problem I've solved first by buying more bookcases, then stacking books on the floor when I run out of room. I mean, they're all must-haves.

        Fran
        Lavolta Press
        Books of historic clothing patterns
        www.lavoltapress.com
        www.facebook.com/LavoltaPress
      • syrilla27
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2011
          If you do Need to get rid of any, I would be willing to come to your aid and give them a loving home. :D

          Esp. as many of my books were accidentally donated, by a family member, to Charity during my last move.... (insert scream/cry here)

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4, 2011