Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Online selling

  • diana hilden
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 11, 2011
      I am in the middle of a very messy move right now..my website is down and alot of my files are inaccessible. I actually sent off the newsletters to Sylvia and then shut down my system to pack it....I am on my son's laptop right now and have no access to them...perhaps Sylvia would like to forward what I sent to her ??  If this site alows it, it is specifically an advert....but, you would be able to see them. I do not mind...as I joked to Sylvia, perhaps you would see something you like or need :))....also, if they are posted, as I mentioned in my e-mail...I freely ask anyone to forward them to anyone they recommend...the old "grapevine" trick has worked for me well for many years....
      This is actually the best way I have found to market, while I do costumes and garb ahead and sell on e-bay..the bulk of my business is custom orders, so I have worked this "deposit" system and my special sales to promote it, and it has worked well....

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 12, 2011
        In some of my other yahoogroups, members can upload files or photos to the group and people can look at them or not, as they wish. Depends on how the group owner set it up.

        Dina
        Cloak & Dagger Creations
        www.cloakmaker.com

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, diana hilden <dblackthistle@...> wrote:

        > I am in the middle of a very messy move right now..my website is down and alot of my files are inaccessible. I actually sent off the newsletters to Sylvia and then shut down my system to pack it....I am on my son's laptop right now and have no access to them...perhaps Sylvia would like to forward what I sent to her ??  If this site alows it, it is specifically an advert....but, you would be able to see them. I do not mind...as I joked to Sylvia, perhaps you would see something you like or need :))....also, if they are posted, as I mentioned in my e-mail...I freely ask anyone to forward them to anyone they recommend...the old "grapevine" trick has worked for me well for many years....
        > This is actually the best way I have found to market, while I do costumes and garb ahead and sell on e-bay..the bulk of my business is custom orders, so I have worked this "deposit" system and my special sales to promote it, and it has worked well....

      • GCKidd
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 14, 2011
          Most Yahoogroups have a 'files' or 'photos' section (or both) where stuff can be uploaded. This one does, as well (as people have uploaded stuff to the group in the past).

          However, a few years ago, Yahoo disabled attachments on Yahoogroups emails, due to abuse (they were having big problems with virus proliferation through attachments). So, if you have anything to show the group, it either needs to be uploaded to 'Files' or 'Photos' or else you need to post a link to it (if it's hosted somewhere else).

          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Dina" <cloakmakerusa@...> wrote:

          > In some of my other yahoogroups, members can upload files or photos to the group and people can look at them or not, as they wish. Depends on how the group owner set it up.
          >
          > Dina
          > Cloak & Dagger Creations
          > www.cloakmaker.com
        • wendylstarn
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 14, 2011
            Artfire will be phasing out their free option on August 15. A monthly fee will be your only option.