Re: Trying to do a costume Web site-need ideas

  • neimhaille
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 10, 2002
      > Any examples, thoughts, or ideas are greatly
      > appreciated. Thanks so much! Molly

      I basically did a chronological resume page with thumbnails of the
      costumes I've made that link to more in depth pages with
      descriptions on what they were for etc.
      http://recital.tripod.com/costume/resume.htm

      But the rest of the costume folder is divided into costuming types,
      historic, fantasy etc as people often want to look at a certain type
      than a chronological list;)

      For a web page, I'd really strongly suggest you make the pages are
      easy loading as possible. Too many full sized images and people tend
      to click out. My thumbnail treatment isn't the only way to get
      around this, and may not even be the best for many situations, but
      it does reduce the size (bandwidth alert too) and still gives an
      impression of what's available to view.

      Life is just too up in the air at the mo for me to take the full on
      buy a site plunge.. but I'm getting there:)