Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] The New Costumer's Manifesto Site

Expand Messages
  • Claudia Hill
    Tara (assuming this is you) I m wishing you a fast and perfect recovery from your surgery.   Claudia Hill (took your online course several years ago--my
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 9, 2011
    • 0 Attachment
      Tara (assuming this is you) I'm wishing you a fast and perfect recovery from your surgery.
       
      Claudia Hill (took your online course several years ago--my husband mugged for the camera while wearing several different Regency necktie styles.)
       
       

      From: thecostumersmanifesto <thecostumersmanifesto@...>
      To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, June 9, 2011 9:48 AM
      Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] The New Costumer's Manifesto Site


       

      I've been working for over a year to transform the Costumer's Manifesto site into a costume wiki that anyone could edit. I have been building it with help from an Indian firm at http://thecostumersmanifesto.com I had planned to wait to officially unveil it when it is done (it isn't now), but just realized, with my having surgery today that there is a very slight chance that I might never do so. While my will tells my Dad to set my work free under a Creative Commons license to do this in the event of my death, I just realized he would have no frigging idea how to do this. So now, earlier than intended, I am doing so. Be warned, site pages have titles that make no sense, and the links on the left don't work, but the search engine is fine, 90% of the site is there now, and you may all feel free to edit, contribute, add links, pictures, and play with this new site from this day forward. Have fun.




      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • J
      Tara had a hysterectomy today.It had been planned for a while. According to her Facebook page all went well and she is resting with the help of painkillers.
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 9, 2011
      • 0 Attachment
        Tara had a hysterectomy today.It had been planned for a while. According to her Facebook page all went well and she is resting with the help of painkillers.

        -Janice

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, jimmysdevoted <jimmysdevoted@...> wrote:
        >
        > can someone fill me in on why she  is having surgery???????
        > julie and margo
        >
        > From: Cynthia <cyncorley@...>
        > To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
        > Sent: Thursday, June 9, 2011 6:49 PM
        > Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: The New Costumer's Manifesto Site
        >
        >
        >  
        > Sending good and healing thoughts to you Tara! I hope all goes well and you are back online with us all soon.
        >
        > --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "thecostumersmanifesto" <thecostumersmanifesto@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I've been working for over a year to transform the Costumer's Manifesto site into a costume wiki that anyone could edit. I have been building it with help from an Indian firm at http://thecostumersmanifesto.com I had planned to wait to officially unveil it when it is done (it isn't now), but just realized, with my having surgery today that there is a very slight chance that I might never do so. While my will tells my Dad to set my work free under a Creative Commons license to do this in the event of my death, I just realized he would have no frigging idea how to do this. So now, earlier than intended, I am doing so. Be warned, site pages have titles that make no sense, and the links on the left don't work, but the search engine is fine, 90% of the site is there now, and you may all feel free to edit, contribute, add links, pictures, and play with this new site from this day forward. Have fun.
        > >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        >
      • J
        Tara had a hysterectomy. It had been planned for a while. According to her Facebook page the surgery went well and she is resting with the help of painkillers.
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 9, 2011
        • 0 Attachment
          Tara had a hysterectomy. It had been planned for a while. According to her Facebook page the surgery went well and she is resting with the help of painkillers.
          --Janice

          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, jimmysdevoted <jimmysdevoted@...> wrote:
          >
          > can someone fill me in on why she  is having surgery???????
          > julie and margo
          >
          > From: Cynthia <cyncorley@...>
          > To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
          > Sent: Thursday, June 9, 2011 6:49 PM
          > Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: The New Costumer's Manifesto Site
          >
          >
          >  
          > Sending good and healing thoughts to you Tara! I hope all goes well and you are back online with us all soon.
          >
          > --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "thecostumersmanifesto" <thecostumersmanifesto@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I've been working for over a year to transform the Costumer's Manifesto site into a costume wiki that anyone could edit. I have been building it with help from an Indian firm at http://thecostumersmanifesto.com I had planned to wait to officially unveil it when it is done (it isn't now), but just realized, with my having surgery today that there is a very slight chance that I might never do so. While my will tells my Dad to set my work free under a Creative Commons license to do this in the event of my death, I just realized he would have no frigging idea how to do this. So now, earlier than intended, I am doing so. Be warned, site pages have titles that make no sense, and the links on the left don't work, but the search engine is fine, 90% of the site is there now, and you may all feel free to edit, contribute, add links, pictures, and play with this new site from this day forward. Have fun.
          > >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          >
        • PlaidCrafter
          At
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 10, 2011
          • 0 Attachment
            At http://recycledcrafts.craftgossip.com/giveaway-steampunk-emporium-creating-fantastical-jewelry-devices-and-oddments-from-assorted-cogs-gears-and-curios/2011/06/07/ there is a giveaway of the book Steampunk Emporium.

            Over at http://craftside.typepad.com/ there are two posts that you can enter to win free crafting, knitting and cook books along with tips on carving stamps and making "ransom letter" quote art and a recipe for Orange-chocolate mousse parfait.


            Happy reading and crafting
            Saturday is Knit in Public Day!

            Stef
            http://thecardalbum.blogspot.com/
            http://sweatersurgery.blogspot.com/
            http://recycledcrafts.craftgossip.com/
            Facebook facebook.com/StefanieL.Girard
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
            (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
          • Pat Rohrbach
            Thank you for the update. Give her a big hug from a fan of hers. Patricia Clark College Theater Program Coordinator/Costume Designer 360 903-6162 Cell I am a
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 10, 2011
            • 0 Attachment
              Thank you for the update. Give her a big hug from a fan of hers.



              Patricia

              Clark College Theater Program Coordinator/Costume Designer

              360 903-6162 Cell



              "I am a Costumer, I make clothes for imaginary people." ---

              When I costume, I am not a fashion designer nor a clothing manufacturer, but
              a builder of character, concept, and physical movement.



              From: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
              [mailto:TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of J
              Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2011 11:42 PM
              To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: The New Costumer's Manifesto Site






              Tara had a hysterectomy. It had been planned for a while. According to her
              Facebook page the surgery went well and she is resting with the help of
              painkillers.
              --Janice

              --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:TheCostumersManifesto%40yahoogroups.com> , jimmysdevoted
              <jimmysdevoted@...> wrote:
              >
              > can someone fill me in on why she is having surgery???????
              > julie and margo
              >
              > From: Cynthia <cyncorley@...>
              > To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:TheCostumersManifesto%40yahoogroups.com>
              > Sent: Thursday, June 9, 2011 6:49 PM
              > Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: The New Costumer's Manifesto Site
              >
              >
              > Â
              > Sending good and healing thoughts to you Tara! I hope all goes well and
              you are back online with us all soon.
              >
              > --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:TheCostumersManifesto%40yahoogroups.com> , "thecostumersmanifesto"
              <thecostumersmanifesto@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I've been working for over a year to transform the Costumer's Manifesto
              site into a costume wiki that anyone could edit. I have been building it
              with help from an Indian firm at http://thecostumersmanifesto.com I had
              planned to wait to officially unveil it when it is done (it isn't now), but
              just realized, with my having surgery today that there is a very slight
              chance that I might never do so. While my will tells my Dad to set my work
              free under a Creative Commons license to do this in the event of my death, I
              just realized he would have no frigging idea how to do this. So now, earlier
              than intended, I am doing so. Be warned, site pages have titles that make no
              sense, and the links on the left don't work, but the search engine is fine,
              90% of the site is there now, and you may all feel free to edit, contribute,
              add links, pictures, and play with this new site from this day forward. Have
              fun.
              > >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              >





              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            • thecostumersmanifesto
              Thanks for all the well wishes. I am currently alive and well and taking it super easy. Janice is correct, I had a hysterectomy, because I ve essentially had
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 12, 2011
              • 0 Attachment
                Thanks for all the well wishes. I am currently alive and well and taking it super easy. Janice is correct, I had a hysterectomy, because I've essentially had a horrible period for over a year, complete with bleeding to the point of anemia, headaches, migraines, constant hunger for sweets, and all that the state implies. At 52 making babies isn't really an option anyway, so I finally convinced my doctor (after a fairly useless DNC 9 months ago) that this really was the only way to go. So now I hurt quite a bit, but no worse than expected. The only part of the surgery that wasn't perfect was that I got jabbed by the stomach tube, which had me panicked the night after surgery when I suddenly vomited blood. Now it is just a sore spot on my esophagus that means I need soft foods and liquids a bit longer than normal and pill swallowing hurts. However, I figured out splitting large pills into two parts makes it hurt less, and I'm eating tasty healthy stuff that is soft like raspberries, oatmeal, milk, pasta, dried cherries and lots of ice cream. So I actually feel remarkably well. I can walk pain free, stand long enough to make meals for my self when I don't want to disturb Dad, and really only have trouble moving from laying flat to sitting and vice versa.

                So, having told you all the gory details about me, the real thing I want to know is have any of you played with the site yet? Added to it, put in links to replace dead ones? Fixed any screw ups? Had fun with it? Tellmetellmetellme!

                --Tara

                --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Claudia Hill <sunshadowlady@...> wrote:
                >
                > Tara (assuming this is you) I'm wishing you a fast and perfect recovery from your surgery.
                >  
                > Claudia Hill (took your online course several years ago--my husband mugged for the camera while wearing several different Regency necktie styles.)
              • Tara Maginnis
                Thanks. But it has needed to fly free for a while now. It is now just my brain turned into html. But it must become the collective hive mind of all
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 12, 2011
                • 0 Attachment
                  Thanks. But it has needed to fly free for a while now. It is now just my brain
                  turned into html. But it must become the collective hive mind of all costumers
                  in order for it to finally live up to its slogan "Costumers of the World,
                  Unite!"

                  ---Tara Maginnis, Ph.D., Costume Designer Diablo Valley College
                  Personal Website- The Costumer's Manifesto at http://costumes.org
                  Buy my DVD-Rom Teaching series on Theatrical Makeup at
                  http://www.theatricaldesign.com/makeup/




                  ________________________________
                  From: "susabela@..." <susabela@...>
                  To: thecostumersmanifesto@...
                  Sent: Thu, June 9, 2011 10:29:04 AM
                  Subject: Re: The New Costumer's Manifesto Site


                  Tara,
                  Best of luck with your surgery today; thoughts and prayers headed your way.
                  This is such an amazing site, thanks for founding it!
                  Susan

                  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.