Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] The New Costumer's Manifesto Site

  • Claudia Hill
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 9, 2011
      Tara (assuming this is you) I'm wishing you a fast and perfect recovery from your surgery.

      Claudia Hill (took your online course several years ago--my husband mugged for the camera while wearing several different Regency necktie styles.)

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 9, 2011
        Tara had a hysterectomy today.It had been planned for a while. According to her Facebook page all went well and she is resting with the help of painkillers.

        -Janice

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 9, 2011
          Tara had a hysterectomy. It had been planned for a while. According to her Facebook page the surgery went well and she is resting with the help of painkillers.
          --Janice

          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, jimmysdevoted <jimmysdevoted@...> wrote:

          > can someone fill me in on why she  is having surgery???????
          > julie and margo

        • Debbie Lough
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 10, 2011
            Not looked at the site yet (but will - it's a fantastic idea).

            Hope you're feeling better very soon from the surgery, and the cause of the surgery.

            Debbie Lough.

          • PlaidCrafter
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 10, 2011
              At http://recycledcrafts.craftgossip.com/giveaway-steampunk-emporium-creating-fantastical-jewelry-devices-and-oddments-from-assorted-cogs-gears-and-curios/2011/06/07/ there is a giveaway of the book Steampunk Emporium.

              Over at http://craftside.typepad.com/ there are two posts that you can enter to win free crafting, knitting and cook books along with tips on carving stamps and making "ransom letter" quote art and a recipe for Orange-chocolate mousse parfait.

              Happy reading and crafting
              Saturday is Knit in Public Day!

              Stef
              http://thecardalbum.blogspot.com/
              http://sweatersurgery.blogspot.com/
              http://recycledcrafts.craftgossip.com/
              Facebook facebook.com/StefanieL.Girard
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
            • Pat Rohrbach
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 10, 2011
                Thank you for the update. Give her a big hug from a fan of hers.

                Patricia

                Clark College Theater Program Coordinator/Costume Designer

                360 903-6162 Cell

                "I am a Costumer, I make clothes for imaginary people." ---

                When I costume, I am not a fashion designer nor a clothing manufacturer, but
                a builder of character, concept, and physical movement.

                Tara had a hysterectomy. It had been planned for a while. According to her
                Facebook page the surgery went well and she is resting with the help of
                painkillers.
                --Janice

                --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
                <mailto:TheCostumersManifesto%40yahoogroups.com> , jimmysdevoted
                <jimmysdevoted@...> wrote:

                > can someone fill me in on why she is having surgery???????
                > julie and margo

                <mailto:TheCostumersManifesto%40yahoogroups.com> , "thecostumersmanifesto"
                <thecostumersmanifesto@> wrote:

                > > I've been working for over a year to transform the Costumer's Manifesto
                site into a costume wiki that anyone could edit. I have been building it
                with help from an Indian firm at http://thecostumersmanifesto.com I had
                planned to wait to officially unveil it when it is done (it isn't now), but
                just realized, with my having surgery today that there is a very slight
                chance that I might never do so. While my will tells my Dad to set my work
                free under a Creative Commons license to do this in the event of my death, I
                just realized he would have no frigging idea how to do this. So now, earlier
                than intended, I am doing so. Be warned, site pages have titles that make no
                sense, and the links on the left don't work, but the search engine is fine,
                90% of the site is there now, and you may all feel free to edit, contribute,
                add links, pictures, and play with this new site from this day forward. Have
                fun.

              • thecostumersmanifesto
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 12, 2011
                  Thanks for all the well wishes. I am currently alive and well and taking it super easy. Janice is correct, I had a hysterectomy, because I've essentially had a horrible period for over a year, complete with bleeding to the point of anemia, headaches, migraines, constant hunger for sweets, and all that the state implies. At 52 making babies isn't really an option anyway, so I finally convinced my doctor (after a fairly useless DNC 9 months ago) that this really was the only way to go. So now I hurt quite a bit, but no worse than expected. The only part of the surgery that wasn't perfect was that I got jabbed by the stomach tube, which had me panicked the night after surgery when I suddenly vomited blood. Now it is just a sore spot on my esophagus that means I need soft foods and liquids a bit longer than normal and pill swallowing hurts. However, I figured out splitting large pills into two parts makes it hurt less, and I'm eating tasty healthy stuff that is soft like raspberries, oatmeal, milk, pasta, dried cherries and lots of ice cream. So I actually feel remarkably well. I can walk pain free, stand long enough to make meals for my self when I don't want to disturb Dad, and really only have trouble moving from laying flat to sitting and vice versa.

                  So, having told you all the gory details about me, the real thing I want to know is have any of you played with the site yet? Added to it, put in links to replace dead ones? Fixed any screw ups? Had fun with it? Tellmetellmetellme!

                  --Tara

                  --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Claudia Hill <sunshadowlady@...> wrote:

                  > Tara (assuming this is you) I'm wishing you a fast and perfect recovery from your surgery.
                  >
                  > Claudia Hill (took your online course several years ago--my husband mugged for the camera while wearing several different Regency necktie styles.)
                • Tara Maginnis
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 12, 2011
                    Thanks. But it has needed to fly free for a while now. It is now just my brain
                    turned into html. But it must become the collective hive mind of all costumers
                    in order for it to finally live up to its slogan "Costumers of the World,
                    Unite!"

                    ---Tara Maginnis, Ph.D., Costume Designer Diablo Valley College
                    Personal Website- The Costumer's Manifesto at http://costumes.org
                    Buy my DVD-Rom Teaching series on Theatrical Makeup at
                    http://www.theatricaldesign.com/makeup/