New photos at the Costumer's Manifesto

  • thecostumersmanifesto
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2002
      I've posted my latest UK tour photos at last on the Costume Travel
      page at http://www.costumes.org/pages/uktour/uktripindex.htm I don't
      have all the captioning done, but I need to take my computer in for
      it's annual upgrade, so I thought I'd post what I could before my
      system went into mothballs for a week. ---Tara Maginnis
    • Molly Dewane
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9, 2002
        OK, I have an acting Web site. I'm also a costumer.
        My costuming skills are mainly used for theater. I
        want to put together a costume Web site so that I can
        show theaters that may want to hire me what I can do.
        I'm stuck on a costume resume, too. Most of my
        costuming is experience although I've taken classes
        and interned at theaters. Any tips on putting a
        resume together?

        Any examples, thoughts, or ideas are greatly
        appreciated. Thanks so much! Molly

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • sylvia
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 10, 2002
          Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Trying to do a costume Web site-need ideas on 7/9/02 11:47 PM, Molly Dewane at mwprncra@... wrote:

          OK, I have an acting Web site.  I'm also a costumer.
          My costuming skills are mainly used for theater.  I
          want to put together a costume Web site so that I can
          show theaters that may want to hire me what I can do.
          I'm stuck on a costume resume, too.  Most of my
          costuming is experience although I've taken classes
          and interned at theaters.  Any tips on putting a
          resume together?

          Do you have photos and renderings to put up from the shows you have costumed?  I put mine up on my website.  Nothing fancy, although I keep thinking I should expand it somehow, like adding descriptive text about the shows and/or the costumes.  I would also include your resume when you put it together.  I havent put up my resume yet, because I usually send it in the mail with a cover letter and in the letter I give the prospective employer the url to my website.  You can go to www.d-e-designs.com/portfolio to see what I did.

          Sylvia Rognstad
          --
          Divinity Designs and Emeralds
          http://www.d-e-designs.com

        • neimhaille
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 10, 2002
            > Any examples, thoughts, or ideas are greatly
            > appreciated. Thanks so much! Molly

            I basically did a chronological resume page with thumbnails of the
            costumes I've made that link to more in depth pages with
            descriptions on what they were for etc.
            http://recital.tripod.com/costume/resume.htm

            But the rest of the costume folder is divided into costuming types,
            historic, fantasy etc as people often want to look at a certain type
            than a chronological list;)

            For a web page, I'd really strongly suggest you make the pages are
            easy loading as possible. Too many full sized images and people tend
            to click out. My thumbnail treatment isn't the only way to get
            around this, and may not even be the best for many situations, but
            it does reduce the size (bandwidth alert too) and still gives an
            impression of what's available to view.

            Life is just too up in the air at the mo for me to take the full on
            buy a site plunge.. but I'm getting there:)