Reminder 10:30am Costume Tour!

  • thecostumersmanifesto
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2011
      Everyone in the SF Bay area is invited to drool and be amazed at our wild and wacky Alice Costumes!

      See Photos in the PDF I've just Uploaded, or just read:
      Free Backstage Costume Tour of Alice in Wonderland at DVC with Designer Tara Maginnis on Sunday April 3rd, 10:30am
      This Sunday April 3rd Tour meets outside the Performing Arts Center Lobby of Diablo Valley College in Pleasant Hill at 10:30am. This tour will conclude at 12 noon, so you may take in lunch in Pleasant Hill before seeing the 2pm Matinee of Alice in Wonderland. No reservations or ticket purchase is needed for the tour. We will be touring the costume studio, storage, makeup and dressing rooms and be able to see and touch all the Alice costumes and wigs. An additional exhibit of past DVC costumes by Dr. Maginnis, as well as all the costume renderings for Alice will be in the Performing Arts Center Lobby. All costume interested adults are encouraged to attend. Well-behaved children are also welcome with adult supervision. Photos will be permitted of the backstage tour & costumes.
      This production of Alice in Wonderland is based closely upon the classic children's book Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, and includes all of the characters from the book, including ones often cut, like the Giant Puppy, the Gryphon, the Mock Turtle, the Frog Footman, the Pigeon, Pat the Lizard Gardener, as well as favorites like the Mad Hatter, the Queen of Hearts, the White Rabbit , the Cheshire Cat and the (30 ft long!) Caterpillar. The play is suitable for all ages and runs Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm, and Sundays at 2pm from March 25-April 10. Ticket Pricing: $20 general, $15 faculty/staff/seniors, $10 students
      Tickets for the 2pm performance of Alice are available directly from the DVC box office. The Theater Box Office is located directly in front of the Performing Arts Center. It will be open to sell tickets one hour before each scheduled performance. If you need to contact the Theater Box Office the hour before a performance, please use the 925-687-4445 number and someone will be able to assist you. For more details on parking & Alice ticket purchase, etc. at http://www.dvc.edu/events/box.htm