RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Intro

  • Sarah P
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2001
      Hi Brenda,

      The only drawback to using spray starch on silk is that too much starch
      leaves it still wet, and then it likes to stick to the iron. Paper
      towelling helps, placing it under and over the silk. Glad you like the
      idea. Pass it on to anyone you know who works with silk.

      ----Raven
    • dakotarose141
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2002
        Hi! I am new to the group and was wondering if anyone could help
        me. I have been put in charge of finding the correct costumes worn
        by English Bobbies during the Dickens era. We are using the 1843-
        1870 time frame. I need to find patterns for the outfits they wore
        as well as the Bobbie hats, I believe they are called that. Can
        anyone help me please?

        Thanks in advance.
        Lydia
      • naughtyteaspoon
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 5, 2002
          I thought bobbies sounded interesting so I looked it up
          in 'dictionary of costume and fashion' by m pickens.

          It wasnt there.

          So I looked on the web and saw that bobbies are police. I
          found a little bit about them.
          A book:
          http://www.ohiostatepress.org/f98/Milcox.htm

          A site with a picture: