Re: Making headdresses for dance

  • Marnie Bragg
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 18 12:15 AM
      Either use beige elastic or soak white elastic in strong hot tea until you
      get the right colour.

    • brandie_mysillybluehippo
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 19 7:41 AM
        I use plastic coated clothesline wire. It's flexable enough to bend yet it's strong enough to hold it's shape. It can be twisted into all sorts of shapes and then covered with trim or stones or totally covered with fabric or whatever. You can add small loops of thin wire for hairpins or elastic for chin strap. Also if you spiral the clothesline wire at the side of the head it provides a natural grip. Easily adjusted by the dancer by just tweaking a little bit on the spiral. I'll try to post a video this weekend on it.
        Smiles, Brandie Larsen, Butte Opera House

        http://www.youtube.com/user/Larsen5678?feature=mhum

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Sylvia Rognstad <sylvia@...> wrote:

        > Continuing with my Little Mermaid questions, I've been asked to make
        > some headdresses for the ballet. I am a bit out of my element here
        > and could use some help or referrals to instructional websites.
        > Without using chinstraps, how do you make sure they will stay on for
        > balletic dancing?
        >

        > Sylvia Rognstad
        > Costume/clothing design & construction
        > Alterations & home dec
        > http://www.ezzyworld.com

      • Sylvia Rognstad
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 19 8:03 PM
          Sounds interesting. I'd love to see the video.