Re: Tear-away coat for Joseph

  • brandie_mysillybluehippo
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2010
      Try using snag free velcro. It's also called Omni tape. The hooks and loops are together instead of two different strips. It doesn't stick to everything else like regular velcro and you can control how much "grab" it has by pressure. It will eliminate all the funky buckling of the seams that tends to happen with tear away clothing.
      You also might think about making the coat as normal and then just making the center back seam tear away. Then you only have two pieces to work with especially when you have to put it all back together. Good Luck.
      Smiles, Brandie Larsen, Butte Opera House