RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Looking for men's high-waisted, Victorian-era pants

  • Carin JACOBS
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 27, 2010
      Remember those high waisted pants we (women) used to wear in the 80's? Some of them even had peaked waistbands. I'm sure you could find some of those in thrift stores. They might have a few too many pleats in the front, but I think they could work for high-waisted men's tweed or wool pants. Just a thought....

      Carin
      www.CarinJacobsCostumeDesign.com
      562-547-9276 cell

      To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      From: lanorte1@...
      Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:30:14 -0400
      Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Looking for men's high-waisted, Victorian-era pants

      I'm costuming Christmas Carol (who isn't, this time of year?) and just don't have the time to build pants. But my budget is limited, so I need to find something reasonably priced. Any suggestions?

      Thanks,

      Donna

    • llsturts@greatlakes.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 27, 2010
        It depends on what "reasonably priced" means with your budget. I've had
        good luck with Gentleman's Emporium <http://www.gentlemansemporium.com>.

        ~lisa.s

        > I'm costuming Christmas Carol (who isn't, this time of year?) and just
        > don't have the time to build pants. But my budget is limited, so I need
        > to find something reasonably priced. Any suggestions?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Donna

        ~lisa.s llsturts<AT>greatlakes<DOT>net
      • lanorte1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 29, 2010
          Thanks, but most of my guys are pretty tall and even if I could find pants large enough, they would probably be too short. Not to mention, we open on November 18, so I just don't have time to hunt through thrift stores to find 25 pairs of mens pants. I'll probably end up getting several pairs from Gentlemen's Emporium - a little pricier than I'd like, but time is too short. Thank you!

          Donna

          From: lanorte1@...
          Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:30:14 -0400

          I'm costuming Christmas Carol (who isn't, this time of year?) and just don't have the time to build pants. But my budget is limited, so I need to find something reasonably priced. Any suggestions?

          Thanks,

          Donna

        • Paula McWhirter-Buck
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 30, 2010
            i just wanted to thank everyone for their help with finding these uniforms.i actually used LUTHER SOWERS at ANVIL ARMS in salisbury, nc, as suggested by esther iverson (thanks a million).the man is a jewel. he specializes in period military from all over the world.he went above and beyond...didnt have a size i needed, so made it, and rented it to me...with one week notice.  and taught me how to wear some of the things that i wasnt familiar with.he helped me make my tiny budget go as far as possible.
            and as a bonus...i got to see his fabulous colonial style house.
            blessings,paula