Re: fall front trousers

  • jeannets
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2010
      The pants pieces are not any different than if you were making a smooth front without a closure. It's essentially two slits that are finished with plackets. The under plackets extend under the fall front to button underneath. Some people add a topstiched piece button up each side, some cut the facing for the fall wider on each side so it can be pressed and finished to extend over each side.

      It's not easy to explain it just in words. Your best bet would be to find an old pair to see how they are finished.