fall front trousers

  • marymary614
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 11, 2010
      Does anyone know of a place online with directions for drafting or constructing fall front trousers (like sailor pants)? I haven't made them in forever and need to refresh my memory.
      I'm not particularly interested in buying a pattern to make them. I would rather have the directions for drafting the front.
      Thanks
      Mary
    • Christopher Nejman
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 19, 2010
        Hi Mary
        Don't know if this is what you need, but it is about teaching one how to draft their own pants patterns.
        http://tinyurl.com/2d5j792

        Christopher Nejman
        http://www.christophernejman.com

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "marymary614" <marymary614@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know of a place online with directions for drafting or constructing fall front trousers (like sailor pants)? I haven't made them in forever and need to refresh my memory.
        > I'm not particularly interested in buying a pattern to make them. I would rather have the directions for drafting the front.
        > Thanks
        > Mary

      • jeannets
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 19, 2010
          The pants pieces are not any different than if you were making a smooth front without a closure. It's essentially two slits that are finished with plackets. The under plackets extend under the fall front to button underneath. Some people add a topstiched piece button up each side, some cut the facing for the fall wider on each side so it can be pressed and finished to extend over each side.

          It's not easy to explain it just in words. Your best bet would be to find an old pair to see how they are finished.