Dialogues of the Carmelites Costume Rental

  • blackforests7
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 28, 2010
      I'm looking for the nuns' habits for the opera Dialogues of the Carmelites. Does anyone know any theatre/costume shop who has done it and if and where I can rent their costumes?

      Thanks!
    • Pat Rohrbach
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 28, 2010
        I have a bunch how many do you need? We did sound of music and had 12 nuns
        so I have about 8 with 3 novices I think. I did borrow some from a theater
        here as well.

        Pat

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 29, 2010
          I rented them from Malabar in Toronto in about 1995. Here is a web-link to
          them:
          http://www.malabar.net/opera-sub.htm

          Nadine Taylor
          Costume Shop Manager
          University of Rochester

        • blackforests7
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 29, 2010
            I need at least 18, there will 18 on stage all at once. There are technically 23 nuns in our show. :)

            --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Rohrbach" <pattyjo110@...> wrote:

            > I have a bunch how many do you need? We did sound of music and had 12 nuns
            > so I have about 8 with 3 novices I think. I did borrow some from a theater
            > here as well.
            >
            > Pat

          • Pat Rohrbach
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 29, 2010
              Well you probably want them all to look the same let me know if you want
              mine and where you are.

              I need at least 18, there will 18 on stage all at once. There are
              technically 23 nuns in our show. :)

              --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:TheCostumersManifesto%40yahoogroups.com> , "Pat Rohrbach"