diamond-gusset-crotch mens pants pattern

  • Osa
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2010
      ... is something I just can't seem to find. Can anyone tell me of such a pattern, or tell me how big the darned gusset is supposed to be? I know how to put one in, just not how big ... please help ...
    • don_mccunn
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27, 2010
        Osa,

        The easiest way is to sew up the pants along the center front and center back seam. Do not sew the crotch curve--the part under the body you can't see. Then have the person put the pants on and do the splits or whatever maximum extension they need to do. You will see both the shape of the gusset and you can take the necessary measurements.

        Best,
        Don McCunn
        http://Patternmaking-Classes.com/

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 28, 2010
          Thanks, Don, for the help. Unfortunately the person in question lives too far away to drop in for a fitting. I guess I'll just fake it ... still haven't found a pattern.