Need ideas on how to clean up the junk jewelry stock

  • catslave54
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 19, 2010
      Well, it's hard to get the drawers closed.It's all "Someday
      We Might Need It",but how many strands of beads do you need, anyway? I guess that's what I get for doing Thoroughly Modern Millie with 65 girls in the chorus! Do I just pass it off to Goodwill? And does anyone have a place where they give their broken jewelry parts, single earrings, etc.?
    • Janice Kledzik
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 19, 2010
        As a person who works with a high school theatre doing costumes I can
        say that any high school doing "Millie" would appreciate the gift. MTI
        has a list on its website of all those who will be performing the
        show. Maybe you can find someone nearby and give them a nice surprise.
      • Paula McWhirter-Buck
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 19, 2010
          i've made (using sturdy fabric...denim, etc.) panels that hang from wooden hangers.  some have rows of pockets for things like bracelets...others have rows of ribbon to hold clip on earrings.  but mostly i use safety pins to attach beads, chains, etc. to the panel (i use one panel for each style of whatever).
          makes it easy to see everything i have in stock.

          as for single earrings, broken jewelry, etc...i keep that in a drawer of it's own for jazzing up costumes, making jewelry, etc.

          hope it helps.

          blessings,
          paula

          Well, it's hard to get the drawers closed.It's all "Someday

          We Might Need It",but how many strands of beads do you need, anyway? I guess that's what I get for doing Thoroughly Modern Millie with 65 girls in the chorus! Do I just pass it off to Goodwill? And does anyone have a place where they give their broken jewelry parts, single earrings, etc.?

        • bearhedded
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 25, 2010
            The 'panel of fabric' trick works well for short pieces of leftover trim and ribbon, too. They don't get all wadded together in a box, and you can see the inventory and the length of each piece at a glance!