dyeing satin shoes

  • wendylstarn
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2010
      When my daughter needed black pointe shoes (synthetic satin), we used Setacolor fabric paints applied with a small foam brush. The shoe did not shrink (very important for pointe shoes), and the satin was still shiny. I use them all the time for painting silk, and the paint cures without heat setting in a few days. I have hand rinsed painted items after 4-5 days with almost no loss of color. You could custom mix Setacolor to make any color you want. Just test on a scrap of the same fabric to see how much lighter it will dry. Dharma Trading has every color they make (so do I!).