Re: Help! Looking for uniform to rent

  • Barby
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 10 4:30 AM
      Have you tried Col. Bubbie's in TX? They have been pretty helpful to me in the past - I had a similar situation with fatigues for a British Army soldier and my actor was 6'5". the actual company is Strand Surplus and they are in Galveston, TX - the url is www.colbubbie.com
      Good luck!
      Barby

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "lanorte1" <lanorte1@...> wrote:

      > I'm in need of a Class A Army uniform for a production of Biloxi Blues in July. Here's the catch: the actor is 6'2, 275lbs with a 49" chest. So, he would wear roughly a 50L suit. I've checked all my usual sources, with no luck so far (CostumeWorld, KC Costume, major theatres in town, army surplus stores). I'd REALLY prefer not to have to build this. Does anyone know where I can find one to rent? Thanks!
      >
      > Donna

    • sonia roman
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 11 5:59 AM
        why don't you try a salvation army store?

        From: retshopbuyer@...

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 13 3:29 PM
          Have you tried the army navy stores on contact the local american legion to see if they can help locate one