Re: Help! Looking for uniform to rent

  • Barby
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 10, 2010
      Have you tried Col. Bubbie's in TX? They have been pretty helpful to me in the past - I had a similar situation with fatigues for a British Army soldier and my actor was 6'5". the actual company is Strand Surplus and they are in Galveston, TX - the url is www.colbubbie.com
      Good luck!
      Barby

    • retshopbuyer@charter.net
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 10, 2010
        not sure he has either a website or email -

        this is the info i last used for him-
        about 8 or so years ago -

        Luther Sowers
        704-633-4170
        anvil arms
        5050 statesville blvd
        salisbury nc 28147

      • lanorte1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 10, 2010
          Thanks - I reached him by phone, and he was very nice & interesting. But no luck on the uniform.

          New question: does anyone have a pattern for a WWII Army uniform?

          sigh!

          Donna

          ---- lanorte1@... wrote:

          > Thanks. Do you happen to know an email address? I couldn't come up with a website for them.
          >
          > Donna

        • Carin JACOBS
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 10, 2010
            did you try Bob Hansen?

            Carin
            www.CarinJacobsCostumeDesign.com
            562-547-9276 cell

            To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com

            ---- lanorte1@... wrote:

            > Thanks. Do you happen to know an email address? I couldn't come up with a website for them.
            >
            > Donna

          • sonia roman
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 11, 2010
              why don't you try a salvation army store?

            • kschaub@embarqmail.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 13, 2010
                Have you tried the army navy stores on contact the local american legion to see if they can help locate one