Re: Help! Looking for uniform to rent

  • Barby
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 10, 2010
      Have you tried Col. Bubbie's in TX? They have been pretty helpful to me in the past - I had a similar situation with fatigues for a British Army soldier and my actor was 6'5". the actual company is Strand Surplus and they are in Galveston, TX - the url is www.colbubbie.com
      Good luck!
      Barby

    • lanorte1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 10, 2010
        Thanks. Do you happen to know an email address? I couldn't come up with a website for them.

        Donna

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 10, 2010
          not sure he has either a website or email -

          this is the info i last used for him-
          about 8 or so years ago -

          Luther Sowers
          704-633-4170
          anvil arms
          5050 statesville blvd
          salisbury nc 28147

        • lanorte1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 10, 2010
            Thanks - I reached him by phone, and he was very nice & interesting. But no luck on the uniform.

            New question: does anyone have a pattern for a WWII Army uniform?

            sigh!

            Donna

            ---- lanorte1@... wrote:

            > Thanks. Do you happen to know an email address? I couldn't come up with a website for them.
            >
            > Donna

          • Carin JACOBS
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 10, 2010
              did you try Bob Hansen?

              Carin
              www.CarinJacobsCostumeDesign.com
              562-547-9276 cell

              To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com

              ---- lanorte1@... wrote:

              > Thanks. Do you happen to know an email address? I couldn't come up with a website for them.
              >
              > Donna

            • sonia roman
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 11, 2010
                why don't you try a salvation army store?

              • kschaub@embarqmail.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 13, 2010
                  Have you tried the army navy stores on contact the local american legion to see if they can help locate one