Help! Looking for uniform to rent

  • Esther Iverson
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 9, 2010
      Check with Anvil Arms in Salisbury, NC. I have been renting from them for
      various productions. They provide excellent service and are extremely
      knowledgeable about military uniforms of all types.
      Esther Iverson
      Valdosta State University
      Valdosta, GA

    • retshopbuyer@charter.net
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 9, 2010
        i was thring to remember this company-
        luther is quite the southern gentleman and is very helpful -

        retshopbuyer

        ---- Esther Iverson <esther.iverson@...> wrote:
        > Check with Anvil Arms in Salisbury, NC. I have been renting from them for
        > various productions. They provide excellent service and are extremely
        > knowledgeable about military uniforms of all types.
        > Esther Iverson
        > Valdosta State University
        > Valdosta, GA

      • Barby
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 10, 2010
          Have you tried Col. Bubbie's in TX? They have been pretty helpful to me in the past - I had a similar situation with fatigues for a British Army soldier and my actor was 6'5". the actual company is Strand Surplus and they are in Galveston, TX - the url is www.colbubbie.com
          Good luck!
          Barby

        • lanorte1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 10, 2010
            Thanks. Do you happen to know an email address? I couldn't come up with a website for them.

            Donna

          • retshopbuyer@charter.net
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 10, 2010
              not sure he has either a website or email -

              this is the info i last used for him-
              about 8 or so years ago -

              Luther Sowers
              704-633-4170
              anvil arms
              5050 statesville blvd
              salisbury nc 28147

            • lanorte1@aol.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 10, 2010
                Thanks - I reached him by phone, and he was very nice & interesting. But no luck on the uniform.

                New question: does anyone have a pattern for a WWII Army uniform?

                sigh!

                Donna

                ---- lanorte1@... wrote:

                > Thanks. Do you happen to know an email address? I couldn't come up with a website for them.
                >
                > Donna

              • Carin JACOBS
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 10, 2010
                  did you try Bob Hansen?

                  Carin
                  www.CarinJacobsCostumeDesign.com
                  562-547-9276 cell

                  To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com

                  ---- lanorte1@... wrote:

                  > Thanks. Do you happen to know an email address? I couldn't come up with a website for them.
                  >
                  > Donna

                • sonia roman
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 11, 2010
                    why don't you try a salvation army store?

                  • kschaub@embarqmail.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 13, 2010
                      Have you tried the army navy stores on contact the local american legion to see if they can help locate one