Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Help! Looking for uniform to rent

  • lanorte1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 9, 2010
      I checked with the Army, and you can only bid on decomissioned items in large bulk quantities - I'm talking bidding on lots of items with a starting bid in the thousands of dollars. They don't have any options to purchase 1 item in a particular size.

      I haven't been able to find anything that could be let out - and down - enough to do me any good. Most guys entering the military are teenagers and considerably smaller than the 50-long that I need.

      Thanks for the suggestions, though!

      Donna

      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 9, 2010
        Try this guy:

        ; aiel - American Import Export Ltd.
        519 IH 30
        Rockwall, Texas, 75087 - USA
        Tele: 972-226 9933 Cell: 214-417 2200 any time!
        http://www.1aiel.com - Email: aiel@...
        or
        Att: Bob Hansen
        Shipping address: 6326 Briarknoll
        Garland, Tx. 75043

        Carin
        www.CarinJacobsCostumeDesign.com
        562-547-9276 cell

        To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 9, 2010
          Check with Anvil Arms in Salisbury, NC. I have been renting from them for
          various productions. They provide excellent service and are extremely
          knowledgeable about military uniforms of all types.
          Esther Iverson
          Valdosta State University
          Valdosta, GA

        • retshopbuyer@charter.net
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 9, 2010
            i was thring to remember this company-
            luther is quite the southern gentleman and is very helpful -

            retshopbuyer

            ---- Esther Iverson <esther.iverson@...> wrote:
            > Check with Anvil Arms in Salisbury, NC. I have been renting from them for
            > various productions. They provide excellent service and are extremely
            > knowledgeable about military uniforms of all types.
            > Esther Iverson
            > Valdosta State University
            > Valdosta, GA

          • Barby
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 10, 2010
              Have you tried Col. Bubbie's in TX? They have been pretty helpful to me in the past - I had a similar situation with fatigues for a British Army soldier and my actor was 6'5". the actual company is Strand Surplus and they are in Galveston, TX - the url is www.colbubbie.com
              Good luck!
              Barby

            • lanorte1@aol.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 10, 2010
                Thanks. Do you happen to know an email address? I couldn't come up with a website for them.

                Donna

              • retshopbuyer@charter.net
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 10, 2010
                  not sure he has either a website or email -

                  this is the info i last used for him-
                  about 8 or so years ago -

                  Luther Sowers
                  704-633-4170
                  anvil arms
                  5050 statesville blvd
                  salisbury nc 28147

                • lanorte1@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 10, 2010
                    Thanks - I reached him by phone, and he was very nice & interesting. But no luck on the uniform.

                    New question: does anyone have a pattern for a WWII Army uniform?

                    sigh!

                    Donna

                    ---- lanorte1@... wrote:

                    > Thanks. Do you happen to know an email address? I couldn't come up with a website for them.
                    >
                    > Donna

                  • Carin JACOBS
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 10, 2010
                      did you try Bob Hansen?

                      To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com

                      ---- lanorte1@... wrote:

                      > Thanks. Do you happen to know an email address? I couldn't come up with a website for them.
                      >
                      > Donna

                    • sonia roman
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 11, 2010
                        why don't you try a salvation army store?

                      • kschaub@embarqmail.com
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 13, 2010
                          Have you tried the army navy stores on contact the local american legion to see if they can help locate one