Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Distress buckets?

  • retshopbuyer@charter.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 8, 2010
      sounds like a prop job to me -

      retshopbuyer

      ---- annybanany2 <annybanany2@...> wrote:
      > We are rehearsing for Annie and the prop mistress purchased some of those shiny metal cleaning buckets to use on stage. I can distress fabric, but am not sure how to make those shiny buckets look old and worn. A few dents maybe, but anyone have any idea how to make the outside look dull and used? thank you in advance.

    • annybanany2
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 8, 2010
        All good ideas.. will try them out. Our prop person doesn't see why the orphans can't be using bright shiny buckets.. Sometimes costuming in a little theater requires you to do everything, even props.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 9, 2010
          i used to do things for props-
          til i realized that as long as i did them they would not start doing them for themselves-
          as for shiney buckets on stage, let the director handle it-
          maybe it is time for a new prop person-