RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Temporary tattoos

  • Carin JACOBS
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 7, 2010
      I did a production of Electricidad...LA Gang culture...needed lots of tattoos. I found a guy in the L.A. area that does "spray on" temporary tattoos. Here is the info if you are in the L.A. area:

      Location in the Southern California area
      Phone: Perry 310.686.1956
      Email: tatstattoo@...
      If you are in a different area, I'm sure there is something similar. The tattoos last about 1 week if they are protected while showering.
      Carin
      www.CarinJacobsCostumeDesign.com

      To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      From: babsdesign3@...
      Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 11:20:26 +0000
      Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Temporary tattoos

      I am designing The Last of the Boys, and the younger actress needs to have her torso tattooed all over with the names from the VietNam Memorial Wall. Any suggestions?? We run Thurs - Sundays, with three days off. I was thinking about henna. Saw some black temporary body ink on a henna site, but know nothing about it. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated! We would prefer to not have to apply every night due to the time consideration.
      Thanks, Barby

    • Barby
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 8, 2010
        EGADS! I had no idea! This is why I have all you folks for help! Thanks. The body stocking idea is a good one - I just wish the theatre were a bit larger so it was not as obvious.
        Thanks for the advice! Barby

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, PC Girl Mandy <mandythepcgirl@...> wrote:

        > Do not use Henna! It stains (can last up to 3 weeks) and too many people
        > have sensitivities to it that doesn't show up until afterwards (blisters,
        > scaring....) It's just not worth the risk. I personally would make her a
        > body stocking to wear - like those tattoo sleeves you can buy. I woudln't
        > let my child be covered with Henna... *shudder*
        >
        > Mandy
        >
        > On 7 June 2010 20:50, Barby <babsdesign3@...> wrote:
        >
        > > I am designing The Last of the Boys, and the younger actress needs to have
        > > her torso tattooed all over with the names from the VietNam Memorial Wall.
        > > Any suggestions?? We run Thurs - Sundays, with three days off. I was
        > > thinking about henna. Saw some black temporary body ink on a henna site,
        > > but know nothing about it. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions would be
        > > greatly appreciated! We would prefer to not have to apply every night due
        > > to the time consideration.
        > > Thanks, Barby

      • KEVIN LARSEN
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 8, 2010
          I would not suggest using black henna. There is no true black henna and the chemicals used to produce "black" henna can be toxic. Regular henna will produce a pretty dark stain. Check out pics here from my friend Heather. www.hennabyheather.com<http://www.hennabyheather.com/>. Good henna will last anywhere from 1-3 weeks depending on how well it is taken care of. No long hot showers or baths. you might see if there is a henna artist in your area that would be willing to do it. It not that hard to do yourself though if you have the time. Good Luck!! Smiles, Brandie www.mysillybluehippo.etsy.com<http://www.mysillybluehippo.etsy.com/> www.butteoperahouse.com<http://www.butteoperahouse.com/>

        • Barby
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 10, 2010
            Thanks to everyone for the tattoo advice and warnings. I think now I just have to find a supplier for a couple body stockings and get to work with the Sharpie! Thanks again.
            Barby