Re:Distress buckets?

  • KEVIN LARSEN
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 8, 2010
      Try using matte spray paint. Use brown, dk grey and black as a shadow. Find a picture or a old bucket as a model for ideas on color placement. Seal with a matte sealer.
      Smiles, Brandie www.mysillybluehippo.etsy.com<http://www.mysillybluehippo.etsy.com/>

    • alphawolf1_99
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 8, 2010
        I use either shoe polish combined with paste wax to dull the surface and give a little darkening or the undercoating spray paint that is rust colored.
        Susan
        Alter Egos Costumes

      • retshopbuyer@charter.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 8, 2010
          sounds like a prop job to me -

          retshopbuyer

          ---- annybanany2 <annybanany2@...> wrote:
          > We are rehearsing for Annie and the prop mistress purchased some of those shiny metal cleaning buckets to use on stage. I can distress fabric, but am not sure how to make those shiny buckets look old and worn. A few dents maybe, but anyone have any idea how to make the outside look dull and used? thank you in advance.

        • annybanany2
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 8, 2010
            All good ideas.. will try them out. Our prop person doesn't see why the orphans can't be using bright shiny buckets.. Sometimes costuming in a little theater requires you to do everything, even props.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 9, 2010
              i used to do things for props-
              til i realized that as long as i did them they would not start doing them for themselves-
              as for shiney buckets on stage, let the director handle it-
              maybe it is time for a new prop person-

              retshopbuyer