Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Hair product question

  • Paula McWhirter-Buck
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 21, 2010
      are you looking for permanent, semi permanent, or temporary hair colors?
      where are you starting from (his natural hair color)?
      does he have any chemicals on his hair now (color, perm)?

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 21, 2010
        I am a licensed hair dresser...
        Here is your issue draco is almost white in color it is VERY LIGHT.
        Yes you run the risk of burns with lightener aka bleach. You need to use a blue based bleach(it will say it has a blue toner) FOR and this is important ON THE SCALP application. IF not you can blister him.
        The hair may also BE RESISTANT to bleaching.
        You may need several go around at trying to lighten it is best to strand test how long you will need to lighten the hair.
        Your biggest challenge is that facial Hair is a totally different monster. It is coarse and the shape of the cortex and medulla may make it resistant to color removal....http://www.top-hair-loss-remedy.com/images/hair-cross-section.gif
        The reason lightening works is the cuticle layer of the hair is lifted or blown open and the bleach goes in to the cortex and removes for lack of a better term swiss cheese chunks of hair and color. (this is mainly why it can feel or look dry) My recommendation is to get CAT protein reconstructing treatment. So you fill the damage and replace the damaged areas with keratin (same stuff that makes nails strong).
        I also recommend using a smoothing shampoo AND conditioner to keep the hair in control for the 1st weeks. Like matrix sleek look it will help smooth down the shaft.

        The redken treatment is not supposed to be available but thru professionals use.. you might need to go to a salon for treatment???
        If you need any further help. I am here for you!

        T.
        www.makingyourdreamcometrue.com
        When all else fails wear a wig!

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 21, 2010
          I sent a long message earlier i am not sure if it got lost?

        • llsturts@greatlakes.net
          Message 4 of 9 , May 6, 2010
            Yes, thanks.

            I forwarded the information to my stylist--she knew exactly what you were
            talking about and had taken most of it in to consideration, already. Since
            I know nothing about doing hair, I always work with people who do. A
            couple time a year I do a stage makeup lecture for the local beauty
            college and have gotten a good relationship going with them. My stylists
            might know what they are doing, but since I do not, I try to educate
            myself so I can at least sound intelligent when I talk with them!

            I saw the actor for the first time yesterday and the result was
            stunning--the end result was more golden blonde, than pale, but a good
            look on the actor, so it was perfect. He goes for a short brush-cut hair
            style in the summer anyway, so he won't even have to deal with grow out,
            too much either.

            Thanks for your good advise.

            Lisa