Fairy wings

  • Sylvia Rognstad
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18, 2010
      I need to make some cheap easy fairy wings for a Titania costume for
      one of the actors in Leading Ladies. Since it is a drag bit and a
      farce, they don't even need to look real or especially well
      constructed. I'm thinking I'll just make them with hat wire or
      something similar, but what's the easiest way to get them to stay on?

      Sylvia Rognstad
      Costume/clothing design & construction
      Alterations & home dec
      http://www.ezzyworld.com

    • Claudia Hill
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18, 2010
        Sylvia,

        Attach some grosgrain ribbon (you can use satin ribbon if you want it to show but it creeps) where the top wings come together and another piece where the lower wings come together.  The top ribbon goes over the shoulders, crosses in front and ties under the wings in back, adjusting the height of the wings.  The lower ribbon goes around the waist and ties either in front or crosses and ties in back, securing the wings from flopping around.

        Claudia