Re: Large size T-tunics

  • cloakmakerusa
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2010
      If you hate the elbow seam, there are 2 period routes that I know of.

      Start with a period width - 28 inches. This puts the seam at the bicep, and that's a documented place to have a seam.

      Second method - put the seam in the center, with a seam across the chest. Triangle piecing is period, especially supported when you start with a rectangle of fabric and include all the cut odd triangles as part of the garment elsewhere. So for this method, you taper the sleeves to the armpit, and add the cut off triangles to the sides of the garment. If you are using the period width of 28", that usually means you have 4 triangles about 18-20 inches long and 7 to 8 inches wide at the bottom. Even with seam allowances, that means you have fairly large gussets that can be added to accommodate your pear shaped person.

      Dina