Job in Florida...

  • GCKidd
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9 10:11 PM
      I am passing this along for a friend. Please DO NOT contact me with questions about the job, I don't know any answers (except why she's leaving the position). Once you read the rest of this email, you will know as many specifics about the job opening as I do. I don't consider myself qualified (I definitely don't know enough about pattern-drafting to teach it, not even to my assistant at work), but there are others on this list that may be more than qualified (and, since it's a 10-month, full-time position, it may be well worth the trouble...especially since it sounds like it's ten months A YEAR, and not just a single ten-month engagement, and could spin into a long-term position.)
      Costume Design and Technology Instructor
      Palatka Campus,
      Florida School of the Arts

      REQUIREMENTS
      MFA in Theatre required. Significant professional experience may be considered in lieu of MFA. Strong costume technology and design background, rooted in professional theatre and dance practices. Basic knowledge of costume history. Ability to teach range of costume technology and design classes offered in BA/BFA/MFA programs. Demonstrated experience in management with good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate both positively and effectively with students and colleagues. Demonstrated supervisory and collaborative abilities are required. Ability to adhere to established production timelines and budgets. Applicant must pass verification of employment/reference screening and background check.

      Courses to be taught: Costume Design TPA 1040, Costume Construction I TPA 1230, Costume Pattern Drafting and Draping TPA 1239, Stage Make-Up TPA 1248, Costume Construction II TPA 2051, Introduction to Production/Design TPA 1200, Production/Design Laboratory TPA 1290L,Theater Production Laboratory TPA 2290L, Special Problems in Production/Design TPA 2083, Production Crafts TPA1202.Courses are to be taught within accepted theatre industry standards and techniques of construction & design. Additional duties: design, or mentor student designers, for a season of approximately six main stage productions including theatre and dance; continue to develop as a designer through professional design opportunities and research; supervise the costume shop manager (who oversees the costume shop) in the execution of the costume designs, assist in the costume shop, attend dress rehearsals, develop the budget with the costume shop manager, & help organize costume crews as well as instruct the required teaching load. This is a full time, ten month teaching position.

      Open until filled
      Posted 05-MAR-10