Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Intro

  • Liz Martin
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 29, 2001
      on 1/26/01 8:39 PM, Brenda at brenda@... wrote:

      > Hi Brenda, a what's a WAHM?
      Liz

    • Brenda
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 29, 2001
        Sorry, it's short for Work At Home Mama.

        Brenda
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Peanut Butter Kisses
        http://www.PeanutButterKisses.com
        Natural soaps, body care and bath products in great fragrances

        > Hi Brenda, a  what's a WAHM?
        Liz

      • Sarah P
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 31, 2001
          Hi Brenda,

          The only drawback to using spray starch on silk is that too much starch
          leaves it still wet, and then it likes to stick to the iron. Paper
          towelling helps, placing it under and over the silk. Glad you like the
          idea. Pass it on to anyone you know who works with silk.

          ----Raven
        • dakotarose141
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2002
            Hi! I am new to the group and was wondering if anyone could help
            me. I have been put in charge of finding the correct costumes worn
            by English Bobbies during the Dickens era. We are using the 1843-
            1870 time frame. I need to find patterns for the outfits they wore
            as well as the Bobbie hats, I believe they are called that. Can
            anyone help me please?

            Thanks in advance.
            Lydia
          • naughtyteaspoon
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 5, 2002
              I thought bobbies sounded interesting so I looked it up
              in 'dictionary of costume and fashion' by m pickens.

              It wasnt there.

              So I looked on the web and saw that bobbies are police. I
              found a little bit about them.
              A book:
              http://www.ohiostatepress.org/f98/Milcox.htm

              A site with a picture: