Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Fruit Sources

  • retshopbuyer@charter.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2010
      i would check with a floral supply for the fruit-

      as for attaching i have used a tagger with long what ever they are called-
      like the things they use to attach hanging price tags to clothing
      you can get these usually thru a dry cleaning supply place-

      retshopbuyer

      ---- Cherylee <soul.searchin@...> wrote:
      > Hello: I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on making hats & garments with fake fruit?
      > I will be working on costumes inspired by Carmen Miranda & Josephine Baker and would love to know:
      >
      > 1. Where would I find fake fruit in bulk and suitable for costumes? This project would be for about 30-50 people in a dance troupe so potentially would need a lot!
      > 2. What are some ways to attach fruit onto a hat or garment?
      >
      > I'll be conducting research this week, but hopefully some of you have some clues and sources to start with.
      >
      > Thanks & Have a great week!
      >

      > Miss Cherylee
      > Hot Pink Feathers
      > www.hotpinkfeathers.com
      > Performer ~ Dancer ~ Costumer

    • catslave54
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 16, 2010
        Cherylee,
        Post some photos of the headdresses when they are done, please! Elizabeth