Period Styles Class

  • liahansen
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2010
      We are planning a period styles for theatre design to be taught by myself--the costume designer--and the scenic designer. I was wondering if anyone else has experience with this class being team-taught and what text people like.

      Thanks for any input and advice.

      Lia
    • Andrea aka Hunny
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 13, 2010
        Thats sound awesome!

        Yeah Ive be interested on what books would teach a class like that.

        :)

        Im a self taught costume designer, period research is pretty daunting

        We are planning a period styles for theatre design to be taught by myself--the costume designer--and the scenic designer. I was wondering if anyone else has experience with this class being team-taught and what text people like.

        Thanks for any input and advice.

        Lia

      • cyncorley
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 13, 2010
          I love "Period Style for the Theatre" by Douglas Hansen, but I don't think it's in print anymore.

          Cynthia Corley
          Orange Coast College