Re: Male actor, female character question

  • mongrelmuppet
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 17 1:27 AM
      Hello.
      I haven't had to do something like this for a while, but I was curious about what might be out there commercially these days. I Googled "cross dressing transvestite body padding" and it gave me a fairly good listing of websites, including Amazon.com! It also gave me the terminology to do an effective Ebay search. Not knowing what your budget or timeline is, it might make a difference, but it looked like there might be some viable options for you already on the market. Otherwise, I'd have to say I too have used the muslin-batting-muslin process with good effect. It helped to look at an anatomy book, like Grey's, that shows the basic shapes of the muscles and attachment points for some visual references on how to cut/layer the batting pieces. Plus I found it helped the final piece work with the actor and move naturally, but that could just be my spatial sense needing an extra visual point to help focus.

      Good luck!