Need best formal gloves source

  • catslave54
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12 6:09 PM
      This small opera company wants to purchase formal gloves for its chorus. I need the standard white men's and the above-the-elbow women's. Is gloves online at http://www.gloves-online.com/products.php?cat=37 the best source you all have found? Should I get the mens'cotton parade ones with a snap at the cuff or the nylon stretch ones? For the women, how well do the cotton ones last? Is there a better deal than $17 a pair anywhere? We're talking about 40 pairs here and the director wants singers to start wearing them for rehearsals. Elizabeth
    • Costume Gallery
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 12 6:43 PM
        Try Alan Sloan Co. in NYC. I've used his gloves for years.
        Good Luck,
        Joy

        catslave54 wrote:

        > This small opera company wants to purchase formal gloves for its
        > chorus. I need the standard white men's and the above-the-elbow
        > women's. Is gloves online at
        > http://www.gloves-online.com/products.php?cat=37
        > <http://www.gloves-online.com/products.php?cat=37> the best source you
        > all have found? Should I get the mens'cotton parade ones with a snap
        > at the cuff or the nylon stretch ones? For the women, how well do the
        > cotton ones last? Is there a better deal than $17 a pair anywhere?
        > We're talking about 40 pairs here and the director wants singers to
        > start wearing them for rehearsals. Elizabeth

      • Paula McWhirter-Buck
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 12 7:29 PM
          sloan would be my suggestion also.
          i, too, have used them and sold them for years.