Queen Victoria's snake ring

  • lamia_strix
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2010
      So I have both a thing for snake jewelry and for darn near all things Victorian. Imagine my delight when I found out that Queen Victoria's engagement ring was a snake ring. I've seen it variously described as 2 snakes entwined to denote both herself and Albert and as a single snake with its tail in its mouth (a la the orobrous) to denote eternity/eternal love. What I CAN'T seem to find is a single picture of the darned thing! Any help on this quest of mine would be deeply appreciated! :)

      Regards,
      Alex