How to make new aiglets?

  • catslave54
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2009
      Who has the best, easiest and cheapest way to make new aiglets for corset strings or shoelaces? Every time I cut one of these off, I tape it, but I need something that lasts! Elizabeth
    • Richard Wymarc
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2009
        I use brass tubing.

        If you go to your local hobby/RC Model shop you should find a display containing different sizes of brass tubing. They should also have an inexpensive plastic pipe cutter. Get the appropriate diameter tubing cut to length and glue/pinch to the end of your cord.

        Richard

        Who has the best, easiest and cheapest way to make new aiglets for corset strings or shoelaces? Every time I cut one of these off, I tape it, but I need something that lasts! Elizabeth

      • Paula McWhirter-Buck
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2009
          dip it in hot glue?

        • retshopbuyer@charter.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2009
            richard the thread used to have a product just for this-
            i have also found shrink tube at electrical supply houses that can work IF you find it small enuf-

            retshopbuyer
          • FionnaO
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2009
              I've used different sorts of jewelry spacers and beads. I bought packages of mixed filigree tubes and balls from Hancock and Michael's that worked well. I glue the cords on and stitch through the filigree holes. It gives a nice stiff end to thread through the eyelets and looks pretty as well.