Why did it take 2 weeks for my message to post?

  • costumerkate
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
      I posted a reply on Nov 19 that was just posted. I'm giving up on this group for the last time.
    • GCKidd
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2009
        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "costumerkate" <costumerkate@...> wrote:

        > I posted a reply on Nov 19 that was just posted. I'm giving up on this group for the last time.

        When a group is moderated (which is common, due to the number of outright spam messages that get sent these days), messages don't post until the moderator has a chance to approve them. Delays can happen if a moderator is ill, ridiculously busy with real-world concerns, or on vacation. I've seen messages in some of my other Yahoo groups that were days old, on a fairly regular basis. It's inconvenient, yes, but it's far more preferable than getting every other message being some spam item that has no actual relevance (which is what has happened in the non-moderated groups I've been in...)
      • Debbie Lough
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2009
          Moderation is incredibly important - spam is ever present and there could be hundreds of spam posts every day without it.

          Speaking as a (unpaid and voluntary) moderator on a couple of web forums, it's usually a thankless task, and you get flak if you get it wrong (or have a real life that gets in the way), but don't get noticed if you get it right.

          That being the case I'd like to thank whoever moderates or has moderated this list, becasue they make it possible.

          Debbie