Re: Wire Work Costuming

  • Linda from SD
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2009
      We are currently preparing a production of Peter Pan. ZFX Flying is doing our flying rig, etc. They have told us it is best to wait until they come in w/ the harnesses to prepare the contact opening. The harnesses we will be using are attached center back at appx. shoulder blade height. I have been working my designs with that plus the bulk of the harness in mind. We will finalize after the flying team and harnesses arrive. FYI - we had to take very specific measurements for the harnesses as the company produces them according to the person who is flying. Hope this helps.
      Linda

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Jane Waligorski <em47b@...> wrote:

      > "Are you looking for information about the harness, the costume to go over it, or both? Please tell me you are planning to use a professional harness with professional supervision" costumerkate
      >
      > Actually, your response already helps me - I have no responsibility for the harness/technical aspect of the flying, but I assume it will be professionally operated - I had better check that! I just wanted to make sure I could make the costume, and then go back and make openings as required. Are most rigs wired from the waist so that I can use side seam openings or from the shoulder blade area? I'm sorry to be so ignorant; from my basic research, I can tell that only a very few companies with proprietary expertise are skilled in this technical area. I don't want to pry into secrets, just make a safe, durable costume. Thank you so much for your help. Jane W.

    • Costume Gallery
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2009
        I agree to wait. We had the diagrams for the harness, before we started
        the costumes, We finished the costume and rigged the costume after ZFX
        arrived.

        Joy