Re: Formal Gown

  • iom315
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 29, 2009
      I have this pattern in my studio, so perhaps I can help. I have worked with alot of Vogue patterns over the years, sometimes they run large so you may not have to add as much as the measurements on the pattern would lead you to believe.

      Have you made a muslin from this pattern?

      If not take the time to make the muslin, it will save you alot of time in the long run. Be sure to mark each pattern piece on the muslin so that you don't get confused when you fit. This will allow you to see where the side seams of the garment lay as well as your center front & back.

      You may have to add side seams to the drapes to get the extra inches you need. I haven't looked at the pattern in awhile so I don't remember the pieces.

      If you would like to contact me at my email address I can give you more specific help.

      Good luck,
      DL Dixon
      iom315@...
      Ides of March Design Group, Ltd.