Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] formal gown

  • Patricia Rohrbach
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2009
      Ok how much bigger than the pattern do you need
      -NO PRESSURE, NO DIAMONDS.

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2009
        This is a very difficult pattern. Bias and assemetrical seams are not easy to do and make look right without alot of patient and a fair amount of skill. You should consider buying the right size pattern before taking on this project. I would definately use a dress form so that you can see how the fabric will drape as your constructing. You may even consider making the bodice portion out of muslin first so that you can fit it and make changes before cutting your fabric. Whenever you change a seam in a dress like this it can drasticly change the way the fabric drapes on the other side.
        I have gotten myself into a few of these "friends" projects and I can tell you that I would rather tell my friend "sorry, this is beyond what I can do and I want you to look your best. Maybe you should find a dress maker or go ready made." rather than lose your friend because the dress was not what they wanted. Pagent dresses have to be absolutely perfect.
        Good luck to you.