Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Pattern for Wide Leg Pants for Russian Dancer in The Nutcracker

  • Cat Devereaux
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2009
      >> need some information on the Wide Leg Pants that the Male Russian
      Dancer wears. Does anyone know where I might purchase a pattern for them
      or can I redesign the Arabian Pants pattern that I have in order to use
      that pattern. Any help as far as where to purchase a pattern or redesign
      what I have would be appreciated.

      This won't be the more modern version the the pattern, but you can look
      at the evolution of the shapes from the mid-east up into the Balkans and
      Caucasus regions. Max Tilke did a number of flat drawings that include
      the seam lines. Here's a good page to start:
      http://www.indiana.edu/~librcsd/etext/tilke/p2.html . Using to folkwear
      pattern gives you the crotch depth and you can see how side lines widen
      and angle.

      Not the whole answer, but a starting point for modifying what you've got.

      -Cat-