Pattern for Wide Leg Pants for Russian Dancer in The Nutcracker

  • angelsdesignes
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2009
      I am making some of the lead dancer costumes for the Nutcracker Ballet and need some information on the Wide Leg Pants that the Male Russian Dancer wears. Does anyone know where I might purchase a pattern for them or can I redesign the Arabian Pants pattern that I have in order to use that pattern. Any help as far as where to purchase a pattern or redesign what I have would be appreciated. Thank you , Angel
    • Cat Devereaux
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2009
        >> need some information on the Wide Leg Pants that the Male Russian
        Dancer wears. Does anyone know where I might purchase a pattern for them
        or can I redesign the Arabian Pants pattern that I have in order to use
        that pattern. Any help as far as where to purchase a pattern or redesign
        what I have would be appreciated.

        This won't be the more modern version the the pattern, but you can look
        at the evolution of the shapes from the mid-east up into the Balkans and
        Caucasus regions. Max Tilke did a number of flat drawings that include
        the seam lines. Here's a good page to start:
        http://www.indiana.edu/~librcsd/etext/tilke/p2.html . Using to folkwear
        pattern gives you the crotch depth and you can see how side lines widen
        and angle.

        Not the whole answer, but a starting point for modifying what you've got.

        -Cat-