Looking for glass eyes

  • lanorte1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 22, 2009
      I'm looking for glass eyes for the severed head in Macbeth. Years ago, I
      purchased a pair of glass eyes which were very realistic-looking: actual
      size, 1/2 dome (flat on the back), glass, detailed iris. I've attached a photo
      below of one (I lost the other, so I need a new set. Or I could say that
      Macbeth just died while winking.)

      I purchased them from an independent props master in Chicago, but it's been
      so many years ago that I can't remember the person/company's name. Any
      ideas?

      Thanks!

      Donna

    • Lady FLEUR
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 22, 2009
        look up taxadermy and doll eyes, mannequin eyes online...
        i have a few sources
        http://miniworlddolls.com/Eyes.htm

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, lanorte1@... wrote:

        > I'm looking for glass eyes for the severed head in Macbeth. Years ago, I
        > purchased a pair of glass eyes which were very realistic-looking: actual
        > size, 1/2 dome (flat on the back), glass, detailed iris. I've attached a photo
        > below of one (I lost the other, so I need a new set. Or I could say that
        > Macbeth just died while winking.)
        >
        > I purchased them from an independent props master in Chicago, but it's been
        > so many years ago that I can't remember the person/company's name. Any
        > ideas?
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Donna

      • Lady FLEUR
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 22, 2009
          http://www.glasseyes.com/cgi-bin/products.pl?ref=human

        • lanorte1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 23, 2009
            In a message dated 9/23/2009 6:35:47 AM Central Standard Time,
            makingyourdreamcometrue@... writes:

            look up taxadermy and doll eyes, mannequin eyes online...
            i have a few sources
            _http://miniworlddolhttp://miniwhtt_ (http://miniworlddolls.com/Eyes.htm)

            Thanks - I stumbled upon minworld yesterday, and their prices are much
            better than any others I've found.

            Donna

          • GCKidd
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 23, 2009

              Special Effect Supply ( http://www.fxsupply.com/ ) in North Salt Lake, Utah has plastic eyes to use for animatronics...you can get either a full eyeball, or a half-found (which, oddly enough, are the most expensive, but they're still only about $10 a pair or so).
            • lanorte1@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 23, 2009
                Thanks for all the responses to my recent queries!? The members here continue to be an invaluable resource!

                Donna