Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Looking for crowns

  • lanorte1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 20, 2009
      In a message dated 9/20/2009 10:34:39 PM Central Standard Time,
      keridwyn_98@... writes:

      tudorshoppe.tud

      Thanks!

      Donna

    • cloakmakerusa
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 21, 2009
        Gee, I thought we were better known than this - I'll have to work on advertising...

        http://www.cloakmaker.com/circlethook.html

        It's a busy day, so you might get the answering machine if you call, but we return calls fairly promptly.

        Dina Flockhart
        Creative Impulse Director
        Cloak & Dagger Creations
        978-486-4414

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, lanorte1@... wrote:

        > Thanks Sandy - I was hoping to find something ready-made, as we open Oct. 2
        > and have a LOT of work to do between now and then, but I'm afraid it may
        > come down to this. Thanks for your help,
        >
        > Donna
        >
        > In a message dated 9/20/2009 10:02:47 PM Central Standard Time,
        > costumrs@... writes:
        >
        > Go to the hardware store and get a sheet of the gold-colored metal
        > that is used to cover air ducts. It's a sheet about 30" x 36", and
        > comes in several patterns of pierced holes. You can cut strips of it
        > with snips or really heavy duty shears (not your sewing shears!) and
        > wire or pop-rivet them into a circle. Glue a thin strip of felt or
        > craft foam inside for cushioning and to protect the actor from the
        > sharp edge. You can wire beads to it or glue jewels to it if you
        > need more bling. Run a thin bead of hot glue or white glue along the
        > rest of the cut edges to dull the sharpness. We've made 3 crowns
        > this way. You can create things even more elaborate than plain
        > circlets, even, and one sheet can make several crowns. I think the
        > sheets cost $10 or less.
        >

        > Donna Northcott
        > Artistic Director
        > St. Louis Shakespeare & Magic Smoking Monkey Theatre
        > 4579 Laclede Avenue, # 345
        > St. Louis, MO 63108
        > (314) 361-5664

      • sonia roman
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 21, 2009
          Hi...

          Are you still looking for crowns??

          Can you send me a picture or a link for reference??

          how many?  how soon?  how specific??

          Sonia

          From: Paula McWhirter-Buck <keridwyn_98@...>
          Subject: Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Looking for crowns
          To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Monday, September 21, 2009, 12:34 AM

          tudorshoppe. com

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 21, 2009
            In a message dated 9/21/2009 7:31:52 PM Central Standard Time,
            sonai1121@... writes:

            Are you still looking for crowns??

            Can you send me a picture or a link for reference??

            how many? how soon? how specific??

            Very plain and simple gold circlets, about 1/2" to 1" wide, a full circle
            rather than a partial which ties in the back with ribbon or chain. I've
            attached a photo of one from The Tudor Shoppe which would be fine, except
            they're back-ordered and won't be available soon enough. The production opens
            October 2, so we need them at least a few days prior for dress rehearsal. I
            could use 4, depending on the price. Thanks!

            Donna

          • sonai1121
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 22, 2009
              OK...I can do this for you... I'm thinking a wirebound crown padded and covered in "Lame"? or do you prefer something metallic??

              Let's get to work... Sonia.