Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Looking for crowns

  • lanorte1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 20, 2009
      Thanks Sandy - I was hoping to find something ready-made, as we open Oct. 2
      and have a LOT of work to do between now and then, but I'm afraid it may
      come down to this. Thanks for your help,

      Donna

      In a message dated 9/20/2009 10:02:47 PM Central Standard Time,
      costumrs@... writes:

      Go to the hardware store and get a sheet of the gold-colored metal
      that is used to cover air ducts. It's a sheet about 30" x 36", and
      comes in several patterns of pierced holes. You can cut strips of it
      with snips or really heavy duty shears (not your sewing shears!) and
      wire or pop-rivet them into a circle. Glue a thin strip of felt or
      craft foam inside for cushioning and to protect the actor from the
      sharp edge. You can wire beads to it or glue jewels to it if you
      need more bling. Run a thin bead of hot glue or white glue along the
      rest of the cut edges to dull the sharpness. We've made 3 crowns
      this way. You can create things even more elaborate than plain
      circlets, even, and one sheet can make several crowns. I think the
      sheets cost $10 or less.

      Donna Northcott
      Artistic Director
      St. Louis Shakespeare & Magic Smoking Monkey Theatre
      4579 Laclede Avenue, # 345
      St. Louis, MO 63108
      (314) 361-5664

    • Paula McWhirter-Buck
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 20, 2009
        tudorshoppe.com

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 20, 2009
          In a message dated 9/20/2009 10:34:39 PM Central Standard Time,
          keridwyn_98@... writes:

          tudorshoppe.tud

          Thanks!

          Donna

        • cloakmakerusa
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 21, 2009
            Gee, I thought we were better known than this - I'll have to work on advertising...

            http://www.cloakmaker.com/circlethook.html

            It's a busy day, so you might get the answering machine if you call, but we return calls fairly promptly.

            Dina Flockhart
            Creative Impulse Director
            Cloak & Dagger Creations
            978-486-4414

            --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, lanorte1@... wrote:

            > Thanks Sandy - I was hoping to find something ready-made, as we open Oct. 2
            > and have a LOT of work to do between now and then, but I'm afraid it may
            > come down to this. Thanks for your help,
            >
            > Donna
            >
            > In a message dated 9/20/2009 10:02:47 PM Central Standard Time,
            > costumrs@... writes:
            >
            > Go to the hardware store and get a sheet of the gold-colored metal
            > that is used to cover air ducts. It's a sheet about 30" x 36", and
            > comes in several patterns of pierced holes. You can cut strips of it
            > with snips or really heavy duty shears (not your sewing shears!) and
            > wire or pop-rivet them into a circle. Glue a thin strip of felt or
            > craft foam inside for cushioning and to protect the actor from the
            > sharp edge. You can wire beads to it or glue jewels to it if you
            > need more bling. Run a thin bead of hot glue or white glue along the
            > rest of the cut edges to dull the sharpness. We've made 3 crowns
            > this way. You can create things even more elaborate than plain
            > circlets, even, and one sheet can make several crowns. I think the
            > sheets cost $10 or less.
            >

            > Donna Northcott
            > Artistic Director
            > St. Louis Shakespeare & Magic Smoking Monkey Theatre
            > 4579 Laclede Avenue, # 345
            > St. Louis, MO 63108
            > (314) 361-5664

          • sonia roman
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 21, 2009
              Hi...

              Are you still looking for crowns??

              Can you send me a picture or a link for reference??

              how many?  how soon?  how specific??

              Sonia

              From: Paula McWhirter-Buck <keridwyn_98@...>
              Subject: Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Looking for crowns
              To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Monday, September 21, 2009, 12:34 AM

              tudorshoppe. com

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 21, 2009
                In a message dated 9/21/2009 7:31:52 PM Central Standard Time,
                sonai1121@... writes:

                Are you still looking for crowns??

                Can you send me a picture or a link for reference??

                how many? how soon? how specific??

                Very plain and simple gold circlets, about 1/2" to 1" wide, a full circle
                rather than a partial which ties in the back with ribbon or chain. I've
                attached a photo of one from The Tudor Shoppe which would be fine, except
                they're back-ordered and won't be available soon enough. The production opens
                October 2, so we need them at least a few days prior for dress rehearsal. I
                could use 4, depending on the price. Thanks!

                Donna

              • sonai1121
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 22, 2009
                  OK...I can do this for you... I'm thinking a wirebound crown padded and covered in "Lame"? or do you prefer something metallic??

                  Let's get to work... Sonia.