Looking for crowns

  • lanorte1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 20, 2009
      In the past, I've purchased simple, gold circlet crowns from the
      Renaissance Store; I need 4-5 asap, and they're out. All I've been able to find
      on-line are rhinestoned pageant crowns. Can anyone help?

      Thanks!

      Donna

    • Pierre & Sandy Pettinger
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 20, 2009
        Go to the hardware store and get a sheet of the gold-colored metal
        that is used to cover air ducts. It's a sheet about 30" x 36", and
        comes in several patterns of pierced holes. You can cut strips of it
        with snips or really heavy duty shears (not your sewing shears!) and
        wire or pop-rivet them into a circle. Glue a thin strip of felt or
        craft foam inside for cushioning and to protect the actor from the
        sharp edge. You can wire beads to it or glue jewels to it if you
        need more bling. Run a thin bead of hot glue or white glue along the
        rest of the cut edges to dull the sharpness. We've made 3 crowns
        this way. You can create things even more elaborate than plain
        circlets, even, and one sheet can make several crowns. I think the
        sheets cost $10 or less.

        HTH,
        Sandy

        At 09:50 PM 9/20/2009, you wrote:

        >In the past, I've purchased simple, gold circlet crowns from the
        >Renaissance Store; I need 4-5 asap, and they're out. All I've been
        >able to find
        >on-line are rhinestoned pageant crowns. Can anyone help?
        >
        >Thanks!
        >
        >Donna

        "Those Who Fail to Learn History
        Are Doomed to Repeat It;
        Why They Are Simply Doomed."

        Achemdro'hm
        "The Illusion of Historical Fact"
        -- C. Y. 4971

        Andromeda
      • lanorte1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 20, 2009
          Thanks Sandy - I was hoping to find something ready-made, as we open Oct. 2
          and have a LOT of work to do between now and then, but I'm afraid it may
          come down to this. Thanks for your help,

          Donna

          In a message dated 9/20/2009 10:02:47 PM Central Standard Time,
          costumrs@... writes:

          Go to the hardware store and get a sheet of the gold-colored metal
          that is used to cover air ducts. It's a sheet about 30" x 36", and
          comes in several patterns of pierced holes. You can cut strips of it
          with snips or really heavy duty shears (not your sewing shears!) and
          wire or pop-rivet them into a circle. Glue a thin strip of felt or
          craft foam inside for cushioning and to protect the actor from the
          sharp edge. You can wire beads to it or glue jewels to it if you
          need more bling. Run a thin bead of hot glue or white glue along the
          rest of the cut edges to dull the sharpness. We've made 3 crowns
          this way. You can create things even more elaborate than plain
          circlets, even, and one sheet can make several crowns. I think the
          sheets cost $10 or less.

          Donna Northcott
          Artistic Director
          St. Louis Shakespeare & Magic Smoking Monkey Theatre
          4579 Laclede Avenue, # 345
          St. Louis, MO 63108
          (314) 361-5664

        • Paula McWhirter-Buck
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 20, 2009
            tudorshoppe.com

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 20, 2009
              In a message dated 9/20/2009 10:34:39 PM Central Standard Time,
              keridwyn_98@... writes:

              tudorshoppe.tud

              Thanks!

              Donna

            • cloakmakerusa
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 21, 2009
                Gee, I thought we were better known than this - I'll have to work on advertising...

                http://www.cloakmaker.com/circlethook.html

                It's a busy day, so you might get the answering machine if you call, but we return calls fairly promptly.

                Dina Flockhart
                Creative Impulse Director
                Cloak & Dagger Creations
                978-486-4414

                --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, lanorte1@... wrote:

                > Thanks Sandy - I was hoping to find something ready-made, as we open Oct. 2
                > and have a LOT of work to do between now and then, but I'm afraid it may
                > come down to this. Thanks for your help,
                >
                > Donna
                >
                > In a message dated 9/20/2009 10:02:47 PM Central Standard Time,
                > costumrs@... writes:
                >
                > Go to the hardware store and get a sheet of the gold-colored metal
                > that is used to cover air ducts. It's a sheet about 30" x 36", and
                > comes in several patterns of pierced holes. You can cut strips of it
                > with snips or really heavy duty shears (not your sewing shears!) and
                > wire or pop-rivet them into a circle. Glue a thin strip of felt or
                > craft foam inside for cushioning and to protect the actor from the
                > sharp edge. You can wire beads to it or glue jewels to it if you
                > need more bling. Run a thin bead of hot glue or white glue along the
                > rest of the cut edges to dull the sharpness. We've made 3 crowns
                > this way. You can create things even more elaborate than plain
                > circlets, even, and one sheet can make several crowns. I think the
                > sheets cost $10 or less.
                >

                > Donna Northcott
                > Artistic Director
                > St. Louis Shakespeare & Magic Smoking Monkey Theatre
                > 4579 Laclede Avenue, # 345
                > St. Louis, MO 63108
                > (314) 361-5664

              • sonia roman
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 21, 2009
                  Hi...

                  Are you still looking for crowns??

                  Can you send me a picture or a link for reference??

                  how many?  how soon?  how specific??

                  Sonia

                  From: Paula McWhirter-Buck <keridwyn_98@...>
                  Subject: Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Looking for crowns
                  To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Monday, September 21, 2009, 12:34 AM

                  tudorshoppe. com

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 21, 2009
                    In a message dated 9/21/2009 7:31:52 PM Central Standard Time,
                    sonai1121@... writes:

                    Are you still looking for crowns??

                    Can you send me a picture or a link for reference??

                    how many? how soon? how specific??

                    Very plain and simple gold circlets, about 1/2" to 1" wide, a full circle
                    rather than a partial which ties in the back with ribbon or chain. I've
                    attached a photo of one from The Tudor Shoppe which would be fine, except
                    they're back-ordered and won't be available soon enough. The production opens
                    October 2, so we need them at least a few days prior for dress rehearsal. I
                    could use 4, depending on the price. Thanks!

                    Donna

                  • sonai1121
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 22, 2009
                      OK...I can do this for you... I'm thinking a wirebound crown padded and covered in "Lame"? or do you prefer something metallic??

                      Let's get to work... Sonia.